3.02.2006

Don't Hold Back

For once in my life, I have almost nothing to say. Work is busy, I'm exhausted in the evenings, and everything in my life seems to be at "go! go! go!" It's a bit stressful, and I'm sort of ready for a break. The irony is that the moment I have a quiet weekend to myself, I start to feel like the world is passing me by. So much for striking a balance. This post isn't really going to achieve anything; mostly I figured I'd raise a finger so as to indicate that I'm still alive.

Current music? "Galvanize" by The Chemical Brothers. The lyrics go something like,
"Don't hold back...
Cause you woke up in the morning, with the mission to to move, so I make it harder...
Don't hold back...
World, the time has come to...
Push the button...
Galvanize...
Now that they're written out here, I see how stupid they are. I guess the only thing to do is laugh - a lot. I've moved from reading Aristotle to bopping my head along to phrases like "get involved with the jam, hot chick." At least I haven't lost the ability to know when I'm being absurd. I keep it real. I laugh. I galvanize.

No comments: