6.29.2006

The Moon's a Balloon

This is part of the track list to a mix I recently made and gave to a friend. If you're curious about what I'm listening to, well, a lot of it is here - some borrowed, some blue, some new, I forget the rest. Odd how it all fell together. It's the kind of music I want to listen to while I'm lying in a hammock outside, under golden and green palms. I have an idea that somewhere in the background there are men and women in flannels, drinking grasshoppers. Or perhaps there are grasshoppers dressed in flannel, drinking martinis. I am an idle creature.

Al Green, "Let's Stay Together"
Benny Goodman, "Moonglow"
Peggy Lee & Benny Goodman, "Sunny Side of the Street"
Badly Drawn Boy, "Something to Talk About"
Ambulance Ltd., "Anecdote"
Belle & Sebastian, "Funny Little Frog"
Ivy, "I've Got a Feeling"
Coldplay, "Don't Panic"
Brazilian Girls, "Lazy Lover"
Astrud Gilberto & Antonio Carlos Jobim, "Agua De Beber"
Sergio Mendes & Brasil '66, "Mas Que Nada"
Mathieu Boogaerts, "Ondulé"
John Lennon, "Oh Yoko"
Suzanne Vega, "Caramel"
Beck, "Mixed Bizness"

No comments: