12.03.2005

5AM postscript

I shouldn't be up right now, but I am. I somehow made it over to meet Heath and Clara last night and stumbled back not too long after. I feel tremendously dull for being so tired on a Friday night, not to mention so easily wiped out by 2 glasses of wine. 2 glasses! But those days of a comfortable wine haze are long gone, my friend. It feels like winter, no getting past it. As Karin & Lina said, the winter of our discontent is here.

Tonight I'm going to the opera to see "La Boheme" with Karin. I'm pretty excited; I've wanted to see this for a few months now. Afterward, I'm supposed to go to a party at AmCaf. Oh god. I brought my pictures of senior year back with me from home last weekend. It's a bit sad to look at them and see what we were up to...all those appletinis and dirty martinis (yuck) and G&Ts...I miss it.

1 comment:

Katharine (K) Lina said...

Okay, first of all, I referred to the advent (not the winter) of my discontent, in an effort to convey a mounting sense of doom that will only be released when all the deadlines for my apps have passed, which coincidentally is right around christmas.

secondly, when did you ever drink appletinis? certainly not in my presence, as i would have teased you without mercy.

and finally, i make it a point not to do any project from start to finish on any one day. i sort of play them off against each other to aviod tedium. of course i'm doing a volunteer internship so no one expects me to actually accomplish anything.