5.17.2006

Tripping the Light Fantastic

So, because I've been besieged with requests for these things (flattery gets you everywhere), I'm posting some pictures of my time in Japan. So much for those poetic, insightful entries I hoped for. Somehow the past few days have been terribly hectic, despite my achieving a total of absolute zero. Therefore, no posts. But I did get about half my film developed, so fasten your seatbelts.


Kana and Katy in the gardens adjacent to Himeji-jo.


Katy with her chu-hai in Nara at a superb okonomiyaki dinner.


Your humble servant.


Japanese schoolgirls are my heroes. I figure it's just a matter of time before I transform into one of them, especially since I put in some major practice time on my bashful yet shrieking laugh.


Maple trees looking absolutely stunning. When Katy and I went to the Daitoku-ji temple complex, they had this one small temple with an entire maple grove. Plus I love taking shots while lying under trees.


A Buddhist graveyard tucked quietly behind the Nanzen-ji temple complex. More on this later -- it was one of my favourite memories from Japan. A truly spiritual space.


This is the green-tea churning machine in Uji. You would not believe the fragrance!


Todaiji in Nara. They had a festival the day that I visited, replete with a grand pavilion and men in traditional costume performing some kind of dance with swords.

1 comment:

TheShadow said...

Great photos, thanks for sharing!