1.06.2006

Shout Out Louds

Who doesn't love this band? Anyway, I'm taking a minute out of work to give praise to a few of my favourite people:

1. Katy, for getting into grad school before any of us ever suspected the admissions department were ungluing those tense envelopes. After all those hellish weeks of editing and re-writing, looks like our tears, rage, and heroin addictions really paid off. I'm so happy for you!

2. Vanessa, whose birthday was yesterday, and who is the coolest 33-year-old yoga diva I know. Who else would gamely pick the wax off their own birthday cake after all the candles collapsed in a hideous mess?

3. Lina and Laura, who hosted me in their basement over New Year's, and who thoroughly delighted me by forgetting all about the wretched ball drop and countdown. What with the all the chick flicks and serious conversations about Martha's "Weddings," I felt like part of the Wells clan. And in some people's minds, that's tantamount to German royalty.

No comments: