9.04.2005

The weekend was good. I had a lot more to say on the subject, but I'm tired and distanced from it all right now. I'm currently sitting in Reza and Yorgo's lab, playing around and admiring all the shiny glassware and stoppered test-tubes and wondering why I know so little about this huge segment of life -- the lab, the science world. Reza and Yorgo are PhDs in Chemical Engineering. They have been harvesting DNA tonight; Carrie (another roommate) and I tagged along to check it out. I won't turn down an invitation to see something this different. Plus I felt like I owed it to them to secure our growing friendship by accompanying them to their principal habitat as of the past 4.5 years.

I went home for the past few days, which turned out surprisingly well, although I left the house in a bad mood. My parents, sister and I hung out over the weekend, eating fabulously and generally enjoying ourselves. I felt like the luckiest girl in the world to have a house in such a beautiful place; there was something special about this weekend because New Canaan was just constantly bathed in golden, warm sunlight. I know it's late summer sunshine luxuriating everywhere, but to me it just seemed like the entire world had been dipped in honey -- the leaves glowed, the skies were cerulean blue, there were maroon, brown and plum-coloured trees basking in the middle of the fields....it really was some kind of temporary paradise.

I saw The Wedding Crashers (fantastic! hilarious! why are all the women so thin?!).

Ok, I'm almost done with recounting. I came back to Princeton, rearranged my room (I now have floor cushions and a shelf), met a new potential roommate (cristophe of hook-up fame), chatted with Carrie, Yorgo and Reza, and drank some port. I bought it. I couldn't help it. It's just so good. And I have so few vices.

Tomorrow, back to work. Is it wrong to feel unenthused?

No comments: