8.11.2005

Tonight I rocked the presentations in Spanish II. I don't mean to sound arrogant, but after the fourth person rambled on about their vacation in Hawaii, I think my bumbling in the front of the room with two stereos pumping a mixture of gregorian chant music and deep house provided a welcome relief. And everyone enjoyed the music - lots of inquiries, and one very tech-savvy kid even burned a song immediately! It's amazing how music can connect so many different people - Jonathon, who I stigmatized as a metal guy, loved the Bach cello piece (Suite No.1 in G major - it really is gorgeous). David and Ryan asked about New Order, Brian wanted the Daft Punk single, my professor wants a list of all the classical pieces I used...it was great! A major high.

After class ended, though, I felt rather lonely. I went to Barnes & Noble and browsed through the books. I ended up reading the opening chapters of a new book by one of my favourite authors, but since the entire plot was centered around 4 people who meet at a popular suicide location, I put it down and drove home in silence. I will miss my class - the absurdities of the other students, our professor's anectodes (she owns this cute cafe), and Eva, of course. 

Eva who has a quick smile and says "silly sausage!" when someone (usually me) does something dumb. She has promised that she and David (her husband) will drive to Princeton and visit me -- David also cherishing a dire need to show off his new car. 

I hate when good things end. I hated walking out of that classroom because it implied that summer is really over. So I listened to "Boys of Summer" on the way home, and tried to quell a surge of sudden and debilitating loneliness.

No comments: