8.25.2005

I saw "Broken Flowers" tonight. I miss going to the cinema on my own. I notice things more and enjoy the details of the whole experience - the lighting, the shots, the music. Bill Murray is kind of great at what he does, even if he often ends up recreating the same character in different movies. I also saw one of the editors from work at the theatre with his wife. In a totally lame way, I felt quite lonely when the two of them pottered off for the evening. I took a brief walk in the dark, decided not to court risk (even though Princeton is extremely safe), and came home. I probably should have just gone out and gotten smashed like the other kids on the road. But then we all know that that wouldn't happen since I'm a big fucking bore.

[insert strains of self-pitying music]

No comments: