8.15.2005

So...today...was interesting. I don't have much else to say. There were good points and mediocre points. I felt glad on the way back home and enjoyed relaxing at my aunt and uncle's place. We had a great dinner, I watched some tv, we went for a night walk, and shared a good conversation.

Abby wrote me the nicest email today. I got a "go you!" message in the morning and another one later in the day. Thanks dude; it really meant a lot. Now I have to work up the energy to write back.

I had a conversation in the hallway with another assistant about Milton and how we loved Paradise Lost, Samson Agonistes and Comus, but didn't as much like Areopagitica. She wrote her thesis on Dorothy Parker and she loves Austen. Neat! I adore people who make me giddy about books. Oh! I also saw that one of my editors is working on a whole bunch of manuscripts by people I either know very well, distantly, or people I've read. This is tremendously exciting! Puchner, Damrosch, Sharon Marcus, Hermione Lee, Claudia Johnson, Franco Moretti, Mendelson....I took a book on "Pre-Modernism" in the artworld to lunch today. There are the perks, I have to say.

Umm, that's about it. There must be an inverse correlation between working and self-absorption.

1 comment:

Katy said...

Hiya, AK, could I please have your new Princeton address so that I can mail you postcards, etc.?? I'd be much obliged. =) Hope things are good your way!